The american morkshire terrier club
ALL breeders who register their puppies, and new owners who register ownership of their dogs with the American Morkshire Terrier Club, accept the jurisdiction of the American Morkshire Terrier Club and undertake to abide by its Code of Ethics.
- Will properly house, feed, water and exercise all dogs under their care and arrange for appropriate veterinary attention if and when required;
- Will only sell dogs where there is a reasonable expectation of a happy and healthy life and will help with the rehoming of a dog if the initial circumstances change;
- Will agree that no healthy puppy will be culled. Puppies which may not conform to the breed standard should be placed in suitable pet homes;
- Will clean up after their dogs in public places or anywhere their dogs are being exhibited.
- Will abide by all aspects of the Animal Welfare Act;
- Will not allow any of their dogs to roam at large or to cause a nuisance to neighbors or those carrying out official duties;
- Will agree not to breed from a dog or bitch which could be in any way harmful to the dog or to the breed;
- Will not breed a bitch prior to her second heat, and will have no more than two cesareans, and be spayed after second cesarean, will be retired by the maximum, age of eight (8) years, unless a veterinarian suggests earlier and spayed to live out a normal life. AMTC rules do not allow the registration of a litter out of a dam less than 12 months or more than eight (8) years of age at the time of mating;
- Will not breed a dog prior to age of 12 months. AMTC rules do not allow the registration of a litter out of a sire less than 12 months or more than twelve (12) years of age at the time of mating;
- Will supply written details of all vet records to include: deworming, shot record, examination and dietary requirements, and not send puppies home prior to eight (8) weeks of age, and agree to give guidance concerning responsible ownership when placing dogs in new home;
- Will ensure that all relevant American Morkshire Terrier Club documents are provided to the new owner when selling or transferring a dog;
- Will not sell any dog to commercial dog wholesalers, retail pet dealers or directly or indirectly allow dogs to be given as a prize or donation in a competition of any kind;
- Will not sell by sale or auction American Morkshire Terrier Club registration certificates as stand alone items - not accompanying a dog;
- Will keep accurate breeding and stud records as required by the American Morkshire Terrier Club;
- Will treat fellow AMTC members with respect at all times and act with integrity in a professional and courteous manner;
- Will not knowingly misrepresent the characteristics of the breed nor falsely advertise dogs nor mislead any person regarding the health or quality of a dog.
Breach of these provisions may result in expulsion from Club membership and/or disciplinary action by the American Morkshire Terrier Club. AMTC Violation Actions.