Breeder Membership POLICY
We encourage spay and neuter of all Morkshire Terriers, Yorkshire Terriers, Biewers and Maltese not being used in a breeding program or found to be not of breeding quality.
AMTC BREEDER MEMBERSHIP CODES
The American Morkshire Terrier Club, Inc.® (AMTC) intends its CODE OF ETHICS and BREEDERS' CODE OF CONDUCT to guide AMTC BREEDER MEMBERS and representatives of the American Morkshire Terrier Club® Inc., (AMTC) in dealing with one another and with the public. Breeder compliance with this Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct and the Breeder Terms of the American Morkshire Terrier Registry™️ (AMTR) are mandatory for membership with the AMTC. Breeders that blatantly disregard these codes may face disciplinary action as outlined in the American Morkshire Terrier Club's AMTC Violation Actions.
IN APPLYING FOR BREEDER MEMBERSHIP, I PLEDGE THAT:
- Agree to pay the initial $50 one-time (renewable each year for $25.00 - if participation in club events) breeder registration fee plus $5 per dog ~ if not registered with another AMTC recognized registry;
- AMTC Breeder Membership Renewals are due by March 31st of each year. If a membership lapses by more than 30 days, (i) the breeder must rejoin by paying the then current published breeder renewal membership fee;
- I am in good standing with all other dog associations in which they are current or former members;
- I shall strive to better the breed of the American Morkshire Terrier by breeding to the ideals of the Breed Standard in accordance of the American Morkshire Terrier Club, Inc. (AMTC);
- I shall strive to better the breed by breeding to the STANDARDS of the Yorkshire Terrier, the Biewer Yorkshire Terrier, and the Maltese, in accordance of the Standard for that breed, while striving to improve the lines I am producing, aiming to reduce any faults within that breed;
- I shall breed only purebred parents for any breed;
- I shall comply with the rules of the AMTC and AMTR concerning record keeping and registration, identification, health screen testing's, sale and transfer of any Morkies, Yorkies, Maltese, and Biewers;
- I shall refer potential puppy buyers to fellow reputable breeders who are members of this organization AMTC and to be helpful, courteous and respectful of my fellow members who request information and want to learn more about the breed;
- I promise that if I choose to offer stud service or share my bitches, that they shall be screened for infectious diseases and will relate any hereditary problems that may or may not occur according to my experiences in breeding my own dogs within my kennel;
- I shall disclose any hereditary problems to buyers of my puppies, offer at-least a one (1) year health guarantee against such illnesses, and to fully disclose to any potential clients any serious or disabling hereditary defects, including any reasonable possibility of such;
- I shall not defame another member of AMTC or to seek to impair their reputation, however, a member shall report any serious situation that is detrimental to the breed, is inconsistent with these principles;
- I promise that any advertising I do involving the sale of my puppies or dogs and/or kennel, to use my own photos, my own material, not to copy or mimic another member's advertisement and not to use "any" terms that may be considered disrespectful to the breed;
- I will select breeding pairs with the specific goal of producing the best in health, characteristics, temperament and appearance;
- All Level 1 breeding dog(s) shall be DNA profiled by the 3rd consecutive litter. All Level 2 breeding dog(s) shall be DNA profiled, health tested prior to any litters registered with AMTC. These are in an effort to minimize and control genetic and inherited problems specific to the breed(s). All Breeders will microchip or tattoo all dogs when possible;
- I shall not knowingly or intentionally with-hold medical or testing information on a bitch, sire or dog when selling breeding stock to another breeder or customer;
- All breeding dogs owned by AMTC Club Members must be AMTR registered and all litters must be AMTR Registered;
- ALL AMTC Breeder Members, Exhibitors and Pet Owners shall protect the interest of the American Morkshire Terrier, the Yorkshire Terrier, the Maltese Terrier and the Biewer Yorkshire Terrier breed in a manner reflecting credit to the breed, the American Morkshire Terrier Club®, Inc. (AMTC) and ourselves.
- I shall be willing to help, advise, and mentor in some way or fashion with helping novices and new breeders with advice and guidance. The welfare of the breed is of utmost concern and the future the American Morkshire Terrier;
- ALL dogs will be kept under safe and sanitary conditions, be given maximum healthcare including regular inoculations, proper nutrition and protection;
- Bitches will only be bred on or after their second heat cycle. Males shall be bred after the age of 8 months. Bitches will have no more than two cesareans and will be spayed after second cesarean. Bitches shall be retired by the minimum age of five (5) years and by the maximum age of eight (8) years unless veterinarian suggests earlier and spayed to live out a normal life;
- No puppy/dog shall be sold to pet stores, consignments, auctioned off, used as a prize, raffled or any other commercial enterprise, nor be sold to unethical customers or breeders;
- ALL puppies sold shall be sold with written contract and/or sales agreement displaying clearly the terms of the sale. Each puppy must be seen per contract of sale, within three (3) business days of sale by a reputable and licensed veterinarian per signed contract of sale of said puppy. The buyer shall be informed that if they cannot keep said puppy, that it is required for said puppy to be returned to the breeder who will then be responsible for placement and care of that puppy;
- Prospective puppy buyers will be screened to determine that proper care and living environment is suitable for that puppy, to only be sold to loving homes where they will live out their life with that owner as their family;
- Puppies that are sold as "pet companion" shall be sold on spay/neuter contract as pets only. Puppies sold otherwise, shall be sold to reputable and ethical breeders, customers and/or members of AMTC who are trustworthy and well screened who will comply to all rules according to the AMTC;
- ALL Puppies sold will have their first inoculation and atleast two-deworming's, provide written details of general care, proper feeding, and any grooming instructions and dangers including poisonous foods, plants that could occur of the home with a new puppy;
- Puppies must be a minimum of nine (9)-weeks of age to insure adequate socialization, appropriate emotional and temperament development through interaction with siblings, dam and other dogs before leaving the breeder's care and going to new puppy owner;
- ALL breeding members of AMTC shall own and produce only AMTC registered dogs that are healthy, of mature and sound temperament, free of serious hereditary and congenital diseases. Any breedings shall be in the best interest of the dogs with improvement of the breed in mind;
- ALL Members of AMTC shall be responsible and respect the breed, behave in good sportsmanship like manner and respect all rules. Members are not required to show their dogs, but must be open to attending at-least one (1) show to learn about their breed, and betterment of the breed(s);
- All breeding Members' breeding litters or who allow the use of their stud dog to the same end, shall direct their efforts toward producing American Morkshire Terriers, Yorkshire Terriers, Maltese, and Biewers of exceptional quality, condition and temperament;
- No Member shall engage in false or misleading advertising or misrepresentation of the breed, nor shall they make false or misleading statements regarding their competitors' dogs, person or breeding practices.
For fresh/frozen semen, all testing for the stud must meet AMTC requirements and be current at the time of collection. For those studs who were so qualified at the time of collection, the AMTC Health Clearance requirement will be considered current regardless of the date the semen is utilized. If the stud exhibits a inheritable health problem at any time after testing, the stored semen should be destroyed and AMTC will not accept offspring from the stud into the AMTR registry.
*Note* When fresh/frozen semen is utilized and the AMTC Health Clearance on the stud is no longer current, you will need to supply the AMTC Registrar with documentation from the vet performing the insemination as to the date the semen used was collected.
Dual Sired Litters
Any puppies produced by an attempted dual sired litter will not be accepted unless a DNA test to determine parentage has been completed and both Sire's are AMTC Registered Members.
NON-AMTC Registered Dams or Sires
AMTR will not register any litters of a mating from an AMTC registered Dam or Sire mated to a NON-Registered Dam or Sire. The NON-Registered Dam or Sire must join AMTC as either a Companion or Breeder Member to register a litter. *Effective 07/2021*
I have read, understand and agree to abide the American Morkshire Terrier Registry's Breeder Membership Code of Conduct and AMTC terms and polices. *You may request a copy by contacting AMTR*
©2017 American Morkshire Terrier Registry
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED