All AMTC breeders require the completion of specific health testing of their breeding dogs to advance from an AMTC basic breeder. The American Morkshire Terrier Club has three levels for breeders: Basic Level, Silver Level and Gold Level Breeder. All breeders who join AMTC start at a basic level. Each breeder that is in good standing with AMTC will be listed on the AMTC website's "Find A Puppy" page. This page is where folks are looking for a puppy from reputable breeders. Each breeder who completes certain health screening(s) will advance to either Silver Level or Gold Level breeder and will have a custom logo which includes their name and breeder level. AMTC Custom Logo(s) will look like the logo(s) below - any other logo is not proof of membership with AMTC.
As a Level Silver Breeder you will be required to have for each registered breeding dog:
- A DNA profile completed within three years of joining AMTC. Meaning ~ your Dam and Sire registered with AMTC MUST be DNA-Profiled by AMTC to continue to register any litters with AMTC and to remain an AMTC Breeder. AMTC DNA Profiling is for parentage verification and genetic identity purposes only. This DNA test DOES NOT determine ~ a breed, purebred status, coat color, coat type or any genetic health disorders of a breed.
- AMTC DNA Profile Test ~ Order DNA or Disease Tests
- Upon completion of DNA profiling you will receive an AMTC Breeder Certificate of Completion and a personalized Custom Logo.
As a Level Gold Breeder you will be required to have for each registered breeding dog:
- OFA Cardiac Veterinary Exam ~ this is only accepted on a dog that is 12 months old or over.
- OFA Eye Exam ~ this exam is performed by a Board Certified Ophthalmologist, submitted to OFA. This test is to be completed at 1 year old and must be completed again at the age of 3 years old.
- OFA Patella Luxation Exam ~ this exam is only accepted on a dog that is 12 months old or over.
- Disease Clear Result Test(s): Hyperuricosuria (HU), Primary Lens Luxation (PLL), Progressive Retinal Atrophy (PRA-prcd) ~ these disease test results can be performed by Gensol Diagnostic Lab or by Animal Genetics. These tests may be administered at any age.
- AMTC DNA Profile Test ~ DNA-Verification Test ~ this test is to administered by ACCU-Viaguard or Wisdom Panel. Order DNA or Disease Tests
The American Morkshire Terrier Club's health clearance requirements are required on all AMTC BREEDER MEMBER'S breeding dog(s) in regards to their breeding practices. These health clearances are in place to ensure that AMTC breeder's are breeding healthy purebred parent dogs that will produce healthy offspring.
The American Foundation Stock Program (FSP) is to increase diversity within the American Morkshire Gene Pool. Click link below for information
©2017-2022 American Morkshire Terrier Registry™️
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED